Hello Readers, Time for a Connect to English news update on what we have been doing recently and what courses and services we will be offering in the months to come. Much of our work over the last few months has been with businesses in Colchester. This has marked an exciting time with Connect to […]
Hi Everyone, Here’s an update on what’s new at Connect to English. We are in the middle of our English and Spanish courses right now and I’m pleased to report all is going well. We have two Beginners, one Pre-intermediate Spanish and General and Business English courses all progressing nicely. We have launched our new […]
Hello All, Welcome to my post on tips and advice for those of you preparing for the IELTS speaking exam. The Speaking exam is in three parts 1) Oral Interview – this will focus on general subjects, i.e. your hobbies, family, host family, work etc. After asking you some general quesions about yourself the examiner […]
Hi Everyone, We are going to look at writing and some tips to help you to better IELTS writing success. There are two tasks in the Academic Writing test. Task 1) This is a task where you have to describe the important features of a graph, table or chart by summarising the main points and […]
Further to advice on practising the actual skills needed for IELTS success we can first look at Academic Reading. There are several sections to the Academic Reading paper which include Multiple Choice, Matching Headings,Matching Features and Identifying Information. For many of these tasks IELTS asks you to be able to skim (get an idea of […]
We are now going to talk a little about the skills in English essential for you when embarking on IELTS. An IELTS test will require you to be proficient in English over the four essential skills of: Reading, writing, speaking and listening IELTS operates a system whereby, if you achieve a score of say 5.5 […]
Hello again to all you prospective takers of IELTS from Connect to English. Here are some more useful tips for you: IELTS rates the test in a band score from 0 through to 9, 0 being ‘did not attempt the test‘ and 9 being ‘expert user‘ of the English language. As already mentioned, if you […]
Lots of your fellow students will talk to you about IELTS. You’ll hear about it at school or college and you will no doubt hear lots of conflicting and confusing imformation. Here at Connect to English we have first-hand experience at tutoring in IELTS and want to take some of the uncertainty out of IELTS […]
Hello to all International Students and welcome to 2012 from Diane at Connect to English. Is your hope in the near future to gain entry to an English university and follow the degree course of your dreams? If this is the case, as many of you will already know, this may be the year you […]
- About Us
- Course Prices
- Connect to English blog
- Contact Us
- Help yourself to IELTS success in Academic Writing January 24, 2012
- Tips on study for Academic Reading test for IELTS January 20, 2012
- Welcome to the Connect2English Blog June 18, 2010
- Organise yourself for IELTS success January 11, 2012
- Spanish Language and Culture November 2, 2016
- The Language of Global Business October 26, 2016
- Open Evening for Connect to English with CABE UK September 30, 2016
- Thinking about learning a new language? May 17, 2016
- toczenie cnc: Precisely what I was looking for, thankyou for put...
- fitness: I really enjoy reading through on this site, i...
- Torri Kremer: Great blog you have got here.. It’s hard to find...
- Umpire training academy: I am very interested with this website.It is verry...