Organise yourself for IELTS success
Lots of your fellow students will talk to you about IELTS. You’ll hear about it at school or college and you will no doubt hear lots of conflicting and confusing imformation. Here at Connect to English we have first-hand experience at tutoring in IELTS and want to take some of the uncertainty out of IELTS for you. Read ahead for some great tips…
Firstly, if you are going to take IELTS you will first need to get organised. This is what to do:
- Decide if you want to go to a class or have one-to one- tuition to help you prepare for IELTS
- Find out what ‘score’ your chosen educational institution requires (most British universities will ask you for 6.0 and upwards)
- Find your nearest test centre and register with them.
- To to www.IELTS.org and download the ‘Information for Candidates’ booklet.
- Have a look at some sample papers and test materials – you can buy official IELTS practice materials in book form or download material online from the official IELTS website.
- Have a look and try out some ‘sample questions online.’ These are great to give you an idea of what to expect in the test.
Look out for more practical advice and tips for IELTS takers soon… also, why not take a look at our IELTS page?